Monday, May 13, 2013

Sweetest Holiday



Happy Monday Folks!  We've finally gotten in a groove with Amy's pain meds/cancer treatment, Cad had to go on pain meds, and I've been trying to exercise every day since I joined "The Biggest Loser" competition amongst the teachers at my school.  I did squeeze in some creative time and here is one of the things I got done!

I did well making Christmas cards a little at a time last year and it made for one less stressful part of the holidays 'cause the cards were all made before Thanksgiving.  I'm doing me best to try it again this year.  I figure each one done is one less to work on later. :)


DH is a candy fiend and he loves monochromatic cards, so of course this is his favorite Christmas card in the current 2013 collection.  I'm excited that I have enough of this peppermint paper to make at least 3-4 more of these cards. :)

The peppermint paper is from a kit I had gotten last year in a kit club where I'm a member, the stamp is one I got ages ago and have only used a few time (so glad to get to ink it up again!), and the twine is leftover from a valentine card I had made. Love when I can use my stash!  

I've popped a peppermint and wandered with this card to these lovely gatherings:
Festive Friday- Trigger Word Sweet
Sparkles Christmas Challenge- Favorite Festive Colors (I ADORE peppermint for Christmas!)
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge- May Extra Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. really cute card~Loving the red and the set is adorable. thanks for stopping in today:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet and delightful card - love it - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super sweet card! I used a ton of that paper last year. I like your little candy jars too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one yummy card :) so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a sweet card..pun intended ;)
    All the best to your puppy :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moriah, this is gorgeous! I love love LOVE the paper you used, and the little jars of candy are perfect! I am partial to red and white myself for the holidays :) Thanks so much for playing with Festive Friday, I hope we see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet (pun intended!) - love the red and white colour scheme - classically Christmas! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this turned out SO very nice!!! I agree...the monochromatic look was great for these images! Wonderful card and so nice to have you back with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning .....Oh wow your card is absolutely stunning l love your image and the colouring is stunning thank you for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Favourite Festive Christmas Colours" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the design! The paper and the image look like they were made for each other! Hope all is going well with your fur babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You blog is FUN, just like this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet.....Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas challenges & good luck!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!